<<< Back to Expo event.
Terms and Conditions
- The “Promotion” is the “#SecureConnect”
- “The Promoters” are ASSA ABLOY Australia Pty Limited ACN 086 451 907 of 235 Huntingdale Road Oakleigh Victoria 3166.
- The Promotion commences on Wednesday 25th July, 2018 (9.00 am) and closes on Friday 27th July, 2018 (3.00pm) (“Promotion Period”).
- The winning entrant will receive the following as “Prize”: Yale Alarm System.
- To be eligible to participate in this Promotion, and be an entrant to win the subsequent Prize
a) the entrant must be a Security Expo 2018 delegate and
b) the entrant must be 18 years and over and is an Australian or New Zealand resident, and is not an employee of The Promoters or any of The Promoters’ agencies involved in this Promotion; or A member of the immediate family of such employees.
“Immediate family” means spouse, defacto spouse, domestic partner, parent, natural or adopted child and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent) whether or not they live in the same household as the employee or contractor. and
c) the entrant must log into their Instagram account (account profile to be public) and
d) the entrant must take a photo of themselves on the ASSA ABLOY stand (C20) at the Security Expo (to be held at the MCC Melbourne 25th – 27th July 2018) and
e) the entrant must upload their photo to their Instagram account with hastag #SecureConnect and
f) the entrant must collect the print copy of their uploaded photo from the print station
- There is no limit on the number of entries.
- The winning entrant shall be picked at random by a computer generated draw.
- Two winning entrants will be picked and announced on each day of the Security Expo 2018 event - Wednesday 25th July, Thursday 26th July and on Friday 27th July, 2018 - first winning entrant at 12 noon for entries between 9am – 12pm and second winning entrant at 3pm for entries between 12:01pm – 3.00 pm each day; whereby the winning entrant will be notified via on Stand C20 announcement by an employee of the Promoters.
- The winning entrant must be on Stand C20 at the Security Expo (MCC Melbourne 25th-27th July at either 12noon or 3pm) when their name is announced otherwise their forfeit their Prize and it will be re-drawn to pick another winner chosen by the random computer generated system.
- Participation to this promotion implies acceptance of all terms and conditions of this Promotion.
- The Promoters accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoters are not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained relating to the Prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Prize must be taken as stated and is not transferable to another person or exchangeable for other goods and services and cannot be taken as cash.
- By entering the Promotion, the entrant assigns to ASSA ABLOY Australia Pty Limited all right, title and interest in all Intellectual Property Rights that the entrant holds both past, present and future of whatsoever nature in and to the entry they have submitted with no rights to any additional compensation, reward or financial entitlement. The entrant’s name will be used in several printed and web based publications.
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all intellectual and industrial property rights throughout the world in respect of the entry including all rights conferred under statute, common law or equity in respect of or in connection with: a. any confidential information;
- copyright (including future copyright and rights in the nature of or analogous to copyright);
- performers protection;
- moral rights;
- inventions (including patents);
- trade marks, service marks and the like;
- designs and software; and
- any other intellectual property as defined in Article 2 of the World Intellectual Property Convention of July 1967, whether or not existing at the date of submission by the entrant of the entrant’s entry to the Promotion and whether or not registered or registrable and includes any right to apply for the registration of such rights and includes all renewals and extensions including all rights of a copyright owner as at the date of the entrant entering the Promotion and all additional and/or modified rights recognised or created by the Copyright Amendment (Digital Agenda) Act 2000.
- The entrant consents to ASSA ABLOY Australia Pty Limited to modify their entry for future promotion not excluding advertisements.
- Entrants agree to the use of the entry either in whole or in part as well as the entrant’s name, and photograph for publicity and promotional purposes, including for television, film, internet, radio and other forms of media as required by The Promoters without entitlement to any additional compensation, reward or financial entitlement. Entrants agree that ASSA ABLOY Australia Pty Limited may modify any entry as it sees fit.
- Entrants represent and warrant to The Promoters that:
a) their entry and its content will not operate in any manner that would violate any applicable law or regulation;
b) their entry will not disparage or defame, or constitute unfair competition, or infringe upon or violate any Intellectual Property Right or any other right of any kind or nature, including but not limited to rights or publicity and rights of privacy, of or held by any party;
c) their entry will not showcase any form nudity;
d) the entrant is either the author and owner of all Intellectual Property Rights in that entrant’s entry or has obtained and currently holds all rights necessary to submit the entry to The Promoters or such other party as the Promoters in their sole discretion determine;
e) no claim or action relating to the infringement of any Intellectual Property Right has been made or is pending against the entrant or any entity from which the entrant has obtained rights with respect to the entry;
- Entrants shall be responsible for obtaining all known necessary permissions (including releases from people that appear in their entry), authorisations, licences and consents in relation to the use and incorporation of third party materials into their entry and payment of all royalties and other fees associated with the use of the Intellectual Property Rights of any third person and shall indemnify The Promoters in respect of any liability arising, directly or indirectly, from a failure by the entrant to observe the above obligations.
- Entrants’ personal information (“PI”) will be collected so as to enable The Promoters to administer and promote the Promotion, its winner and any entrants. If entrants do not supply the PI they cannot enter the Promotion. The PI of the winner and the entrants may be provided to others assisting, including media, award suppliers and deliverers. Entrants may contact The Promoters at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to any of their collected PI that is still held. If an entrant does not truthfully supply all requested PI, then The Promoters may determine that such entrant is not eligible to win the Prize.
- Entrants understand that they may be approached to be interviewed by media in relation to the promotion - in the lead up to, during and/or after the promotion.
- To the extent permitted by law, The Promoters and their respective employees and agents and related bodies corporate, the suppliers of the prize and their employees and agents and related bodies corporate shall not be liable for any claims, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential) as a result of, or arising out of, or in any way connected with this Promotion and/or the Prize.
- If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, acts of terrorism, or other causes beyond the control of The Promoters which corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, The Promoters reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- The Promoters assume no responsibility for lost, late or misdirected mail.
- WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE COMPETITION WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON THE COMPETITION WEBSITE, OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A BREACH OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WHETHER OR NOT SUCCESSFUL, THE PROMOTERS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- In these terms and conditions, words in the singular include the plural and vice versa
- Any enquiries concerning this Promotion should be directed by email to ASSA ABLOY Marketing Coordinator: Sally.Stimson@assaabloy.com
- Any dispute connected in any way with the Promotion will be resolved by The Promoters in their absolute discretion. Should there be any conflict between these Conditions of Entry and the Competition Brief or other promotional materials supplied by the Promoters these Conditions of Entry will prevail.
<<< Back to Expo event.